Thursday, September 18, 2008

Strike Day 12 Wednesday


Wednesday September 17 my son and I flew down two San Francisco for the day. The mission was to go to get some Ghirardelli chocolate for my wife. We had a nice flight down on Alaska Airlines arriving at 8:30 in the morning. Now off to get to San Francisco from the airport (SFO) is easy it cost $10.70 round trip on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transportation) get off at the Powell station. That leaves you at one end of the Cable Car route with the cost of $5.00 per ride or $11.00 all day. At the other end of the Cable Car route you end up either at Ghirardelli Square or Fishermans Wharf. A clam chowder Lunch at Fishermans Wharf then went over to Musee Mecanique a museum of old coin operated items. Took a walk down to Ghirardelli Square and scored the chocolate for my wife. My brother that lives in Fremont came down for a while. Time to head back to Seattle taking the Cable Car to Powell Street hopping on the Bart to the Airport (SFO) and finally Alaska Airlines to get home from San Francisco. Next up who knows what next week will bring.

3 comments:

Cinder said...

Norman...
It's really fun to hear about your travels!! I have never been to SF...the only time I was ever in California, was LA...when I cruised with your mom, on the Pride, back in February.
That was the most intimadationg time to this cIowa country gal!!
Your mom kept reassuring me we would make it to the cruiseport in one peice!! (I love your mom...she's such a wonderful friend. I also know Teresa...we've cruise together as well.
Do you take your wife on your travels?
I hope your strike ends sucessfully, but, it's sounds like no talking going yet...which I guess has to happen first, right?
Mow your mom's lawn occasionally...Haha!!
Friends, yet to meet...Hope to meet you and your wife in November, God willing and the floods don't return,again...here in Iowa!!!
Cinder

Mary said...

Mmmmmm... chocolate.... *drool*.

Anonymous said...

Cinder, thanks for reading I'm having fun with this. Working would be better
Norm